Where we go after our season ends
It’s hard to leave West Glacier and Glacier Raft Co (really really hard for some – who don’t actually leave), but we must move one, at least for the winter. Ever wonder where everyone goes? Here’s a few of our guide and staff off-season activities and where they move to:
- Reservations gal, Kirstin moved to Fort Collins, CO to attend Veterinarian School.
- Guide, Reid is going to school at Boise State for Anthropology and also enjoys snowboarding at Bogus Basin.
- Fly Fishing Guide, Chad will be heading down to Asheville, NC to continue being a fishing guide.
- Jake H, Jordan, Patrick, Paul, Abi, Maddi, Mitch, Graham, LeAndra and Kelsey are all attending the University of Montana in Missoula. Go Griz.
- Seasoned Veteran Guide, Travis will work up at Whitefish Mountain Resort attending lifts.
- Chris, Tyler, Erik, Nate, Fred, Sam and Siri all move to Utah to go to school and/or work at Alta Ski Resort.
- Kitchen Manager, Elizabeth will be teaching kindergarten in Tirana, Albania.
- Downtown office staffer, Kylynn joined the Peace Corps and will be heading to Paraguay.
And a few of us are lucky enough to enjoy this area in the winter – Kali, Sally, Deb, Darwon, Jess, Sam, Jake, Bry, Adam, Jimmy, Chirs, Connor, Jeff, Mike, Marc, Bill and Zach. We all find various jobs around the valley including Whitefish Mountain Resort, teaching at one of the local schools and some of us spend winters preparing for next season.
Thank you to all of our staff this year! We had an amazing season and we always wish you the best in the off season. See you next summer!